Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Very Merry

This is my friend Tucker. His smile, I believe, represents my recent holiday vacation. We didn't go very far away at least, not as far as we've gone in the past nor did we stay away too long, but our time away at the Grandparent's house was filled with love, fun, and food. Who could ask for anything more?
Not I, as you can see. I got to play fetch with Tucker as well as wrestle a bit with my wild cousin, Ringo.
Ringo is a good guy, but he can't help his Terrier qualities -- gnashing teeth, the need to poke and bite at the most inappropriate times, his possessiveness of people, places, toys, and food, and his undying persistence to annoy me as well as his older sister, Hope.

Still, in small doses, he's lots of fun.
Usually we head to Ringo's house for Christmas, down south in Oregon, but this year we met at Grandma and Grandpa's house a little over an hour away. It was nice not to have to travel so far though the house in Oregon has a really big yard where Ringo and I can wear each other out.

Things were a bit cramped this year, but not too badly. The problem is, of course, the problem we face every year -- too many presents! We all had to dance around, in our holiday clothes, the boxes and bags filled with cooking utensils, socks, and oodles of gift cards. The only presents sensibly out of the way were hung in huge stockings. I even got one (green one on the end) and it contained toys, squeakies, and the most interesting gift of all, an edible greeting card. Yum!I am so busy these days with my work blog that I haven't been very good at keeping up this one. I'm told that this is the time of year when one makes resolutions, resolving to do some things differently. Okay, I resolve to keep up with this blog more. I also resolve to eat my meals on time (something I'm not very good at), listening better when I am called, and visiting my relatives more often...even my silly cousins, Hope and Ringo.


No comments: