Sunday, July 25, 2010

River Dog

I am home from a weekend at the river. I can't tell you how much fun it is to hang out on the water in the summer heat of Eastern Washington. The best part about it is that I get to be dirty and I mean dirty, dirty, dirty. Of course, the worse part about it is coming home and having a bath.

Oh well, it was totally worth it.

Gretchen took lots of photos so I think I'll tell you about my river dogging adventures pictorially.

First, this is the Wenatchee River -- the view from the hammock...
Pretty cool, huh? We have lots of these photos, but we're obligated to take the same photo every time we visit the cabin because, frankly, it's beautiful and it makes us all take a deep, deep breath.

I'll tell you about the hammock in a second, but first, you have to meet the two girls who make my life all the more entertaining...

Sakura (7 years old)...
And Akina (5 years old)...
Why are they so entertaining? Well they like to walk me around, the like to throw sticks and balls for me, and I feel very connected to them. They are, in essence, part of my pack and when they wander off or float down the river in their own raft with their parents, I worry about them tremendously from my own raft.

But they're tough little girls and while it's in my nature to protect them, I'm pretty sure they can handle the wild woods by themselves!
Okay, back to the hammock. The girls like the hammock very much and so does Ann. The three of them hung out there a lot!
Meanwhile, I hang out in the river...
I think you can tell how happy I am at the river and even though I had to have a bath, I'm happy and content to be home after such a great weekend!

No comments: