Friday, September 5, 2008

Fitness Camp

While this picture embodies relaxation, it must be known that the relaxation came only after a 90-minute brisk walk, a swim in the lake (well, a lot of swims in the lake as we were playing fetch), and a wild game of chase in a very big field. When I really think about it, it's amazing that our heads are not done, fast asleep.

This is what my mom affectionately calls Doggie Fitness Camp. Now that she works part-time and mostly in the afternoons and evenings, our days have developed a routine of their own. We get up with Ann (my other mom), read the paper and drink hot beverages, and then we head up the street to pick up my workout buddy, Monty.

And we're off. Usually it's a long walk down by the lake, but yesterday the city closed off the lake road and we got to run free (not on leashes) and splash around in the water. Mom threw sticks for us and we swam and swam and swam. Then we headed to the big field where we dried off by chasing each other. Finally, we headed home where we were fed a snack and then laid out in the last of the summer sun on the deck. We were tired, but after our nap, we did another spin around the park before we took Monty home.

Mom went off to work, riding her bike, and my other mom came home, riding her bike (everyone's into fitness around here!). We ate dinner (my other mom and I) and then went for the last walk of the evening with Monty and his mom, Colleen. Later, mom got home from work and we headed off to bed where I slept as soundly as a newborn baby.

My moms keep talking about how my appetite has improved. I used to be a skimpy eater, but now I down my breakfast AND my dinner with gusto. It's no wonder with all the exercise I'm getting.

I'm a lean machine these days, muscular and fit thanks to fitness camp!

No comments: