Sunday, June 27, 2010

Birthday Celebrations!

What a weekend it's been! Okay, Saturday was kind of laid back, but I needed it after my full and grueling week as a dog dog walker. But Sunday, now that was a different story.


It appears that some of my good friends have recently celebrated birthdays. The first was Ginger who turned eleven a few weeks back, but since we've been so busy we haven't had a moment to get together with her (or her papa, Richard who I like as much as I like Ginger!). But today was that moment and after sleeping in, we headed out for a play date with Ginger! Woo hoo!!!!





Richard always brings interesting toys for me to play with and really yummy treats to bribe me. Yum yum yum, it's so much fun playing fetch and keep away and chase at the big field with Ginger. For being eleven-years-old that Ginger gets around like there's no tomorrow. Of course Richard informed me that Ginger would spend the rest of the day resting and recovering from her wild party romp with me!
I rested, too, but not right away. After my party with Ginger, we went home for another birthday celebration. This time it was breakfast with Quillette who also turned eleven-years-old this past week. We invited Monty and his mom, Colleen to the breakfast party and then Jessica (Q's mom) showed up with Wally...silly, silly Wally. We had a one-to-one ratio of humans to canines this morning and when we went off for another romp at the park, I was ecstatic!






































Finally, when everyone went home I was left to rest and boy did I ever need it! Partying takes a lot out of you and two parties in one day pooped me right out. Even on our evening walk I was dragging myself up the hills. I'm tired, but I must say it's a good tired. A very good tired.

Happy Birthday Ginger and Quillette!

Your buddy,
Rubin

No comments: