Saturday, May 26, 2007

Action!


Lulu comes for a visit almost every day. Each morning, I walk to the front of the house and sit by the gate watching for Lulu on her morning walk with Cecilia. When she arrives, Lulu races to the gate and stands over me allowing me to jump and lick and greet her in my own special way.


Until recently, Lulu has not wanted to really play with me, afraid I think, that she'll hurt me. But last week, after her evening walk, she stopped by and we played. It takes a lot of action on my part to get her to respond.

My favorite trick, after I've roused Lulu's play genes is to hide behind the river rocks and wait to pounce when she turns her back. These rocks, I've been told, are extra special as they were the rocks chosen from Chester's favorite river spot in memory of his great service as the family dog. I can feel their power and I hope one day to be remembered so fondly.



But not now for there is much to do and much to play...


No comments: