Saturday, October 10, 2009

Here Comes the Chill

They say it's supposed to get cold tonight. We'll see. The trees are turning, that's for sure, but there's been sun for more days than there's be any sign of rain or winter or cold. I've enjoyed it, myself. Lots of fetch. Lots of long walks. Lots of time hanging out in the backyard stretching my poodle legs in the warm sun.

This morning, though, I woke to the sound of the furnace coming on. It's been awhile since that sound woke me up, but I'll admit, the warmth of it was nice.


We played at the little park today where we met up with Richard and Ginger and ran around in the dewy grass until my feet turned green. I hear rumors of a bath soon and I'm trying desperately to discourage the notion. Not sure it's working.

Today has been a lazy day, which I've needed. As a dog dog walker, my four paws are ready for some time off and thankfully, that's come today. Maybe tomorrow, too. I had a wonderful nap with my moms on the bed this afternoon and have spent more time on my bed under the computer desk than I have in a long time. It's a nice, safe, and warm spot.

I don't mind the coming change in weather. Chilly means the possibility of snow. Chilly means sleeping by the furnace vent. Chilly means sometimes my dinner gets warmed up in the microwave. I can't complain about that.

Chilly means I might get invited up on the human bed more often and I really can't complain when that happens. It's a beautiful thing!

No comments: