Thursday, February 28, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

(Me with Momma G last week on our ski trip...when I was younger!)

It's been a day. A very long day, which actually started last night when Monty, Buffy, Misty and I played fetch in the big field in the dark, our glow in the dark balls blinking back and forth across the soccer green. That wiped me out. I slept long and hard and dreamt with whimpers and moans.

Then this morning, my one-year birthday morning, and I'm stiff and achy and my stomach hurt. Still, we got up. They had breakfast, I didn't. Too queasy. I think I had a puppy hangover.

We went to work, though and once there, I threw up on the classroom floor.

Twice.

It wasn't looking very good for my birthday.

Oh, and I had a limp in my back left leg. Not sure why, but it hurts and there are times when all I want to do is lick it.

That's when I get sprayed with bitter apple...

...on a queasy stomach. Blech.

But then the students came and the whole school sang me happy birthday and everyone rubbed me and smiled at me until my tail just about wagged itself off.

That wasn't the end of it, though. Everyone -- all 19 students -- came to my house for a birthday celebration of brownies and ice cream. I almost got a brownie when one fell on the floor, but I wasn't quick enough though I did get to lick up the small dribble of ice cream.

I got presents, too. Two rubbery balls -- one blue and one green -- to dog biscuits, a doggie donut with blue frosting (I'm not allowed to eat it until tomorrow), a chewy, and a small rubber chicken to replace the one I ripped up a month ago.

It's been a day. A good day. A very good day.

No comments: