Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Long Time Since Christmas

It's cold out tonight. I'm hoping for snow. I love snow. Even though my moms put booties on my feet.

Each day I get up and go to school with one mom. I trot all the way, no matter which way we head. Sometimes we take the direct route. Other times we head south for a few miles and then north toward school. No matter, each day I end up in a classroom where a classroom full of students greet me, pet me, and toss the ball for me.

I enjoy it, but I also enjoy a good snow day.

Snow days start in this house with the watching of TV. The news, to be exact. And every once in awhile a cheer goes up as my moms are reminded that they don't have to go to work. I cheer too. When they stay home there's more walks, there's more fetch, there's more chance to play in the white stuff.

But tonight, even though it's cold, it isn't that cold. We'll go to school tomorrow. For now, I'll rest in a curled ball on the floor of someone's feet. I'll huff a woof every now and then when I hear the house creak or see a shadow out of the corner of my eye. I'll twitch out an itch and sigh deeply.

I'll be warm and nestled in my bed, dreaming of snow and snow days.

No comments: