Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Doggie Disneyland



It's hot. 80 degrees may not feel hot in some parts of the world, but in this part, it's hot. So when Mom leashed me up and we walked up the street to get Monty (my best friend), I got excited. When she piled us into the back of the car, I could hardly contain my joy. We were going somewhere fun and hopefully somewhere cool!

I was not disappointed. 15 miles away is Doggie Disneyland -- 44 acres and one big long river of doggie nirvana. Tall grass, winding paths, a bunch of other dogs, intriguing smells that go on for miles and miles -- and the river, the nice cool, wet river that meanders by slowly and refreshingly.

But it was hot and as the video shows, while I was willing to play "rough," Monty was a bit hot and couldn't sustain a long romp until he cooled off in the river.

We met lots of friends on the shore of that river. Monty and I swam together sometimes and other times we swam with new friends. Monty met a few dogs bigger than he is
and I found a nice patch of tall grass in which to scratch my belly.
I'm exhausted now, stretched out under the cool breeze finding its way through the window, dictating this post to my mom. Monty is lying outside in the shade and will soon go back to his house, but even he agrees a fun time was had by all!

No comments: