Sunday, July 13, 2008

Summertime and the living is easy...

All summer long (well, the past few weeks) I've been trying to learn to dive into water. Today I succeeded and we got it on video. Here we are at Doris and Steven's pool. Doris is tossing the ball for me, Momma G is filming me with her camera and doing that wheezy laugh of hers, and Momma A is floating on the air mattress in the pool. Sometimes I dive, sometimes I slither in, but no matter. It is so much fun I don't even mind wearing my silly, bothersome life jacket.



Oh, and the dog running crazy in the background and barking at me is Ben. He's a good guy, but kind of nervous. He doesn't like people in the pool and he doesn't like ME in the pool because I get his tennis balls out of the water. He's afraid to go swimming in the pool though he will swim in the lake.


This is Doris and Steven. They are good friends and we made them pose by their wheelbarrow of flowers and lettuce. Yes, that's a typical thing Doris will do -- plant flowers and lettuce in the same bed. Her lettuce is beautiful. Hell, her whole garden is amazing, but the wheelbarrow is so Doris we had to have them pose there. They're so cute. I particularly like Steven. I don't let many people pet the top of my head, but Steven can pet me anywhere. He's a really good guy.


Finally, this is a picture of our neighbors. Antonio (on the left) and his wife Sequoia have a dog name Oshi and now a new dog who is as yet, unnamed, though I'm voting for Ramon. I like to roll my "r's" and Ramon kind of fits him. Aldo is the man in the background and he lives in the basement apartment of their house. He's a great cook and made me some flank steak the other night. Well, he made it for Momma A, but she shared some with me. Yum.

All this activity today has made me famished. I think I'll go lie by my bowl and stare like a beggar at Momma G. She'll feel compelled.

I am a very smart dog!

No comments: