Sunday, July 20, 2008

My friend


I know I've written about my best friend, Monty before, but recently, he's been on my mind.

He hurt his front left shoulder recently and is on "bed rest" for two weeks. He can swim next week, but no fetch, no chase, and no wrestling. During the week, when his mom is at work, he comes to visit our house. Generally we romp around the backyard or play at the big field in the park, but with his recent injury, we just have to "stay calm"... those are the words everyone uses.

So we lie around a lot. Monty gets a massage and I lie as close as I can get. I think it relaxes him. Sometimes we watch TV -- The Dog Whisperer or It's Me or the Dog or a basketball game. Other times Monty stretches out to indicate other areas that would like to be massaged and I watch.

It's hard when your best friend can't play as hard as you'd like. Soon though. At least, that's what they tell me. Soon.

No comments: