Monday, February 9, 2009

Puppies

This is Buffy. Contrary to the name, Buffy is a boy. A boy beagle to be exact. He is 9 weeks old and despite my better judgment, very cute. We visited Buffy this weekend bringing with us some of my favorite toys. In fact, the toys sat on the table at our house in a gift bag for a few days and I felt compelled to bark and whine at them. I know it was immature of me, but I'm telling you, there were toys in there that I loved when I was a puppy and I just wanted to play with them again.

No go. Instead, they were a gift to Buffy. He enjoyed them immensely.

I did my best to teach Buffy what I knew of dog play, but I think I kind of scared him with my rambunctious nature.

I gave up after awhile and Buffy found safety on the back porch. I really wasn't trying to hurt him, but I think I was bigger than any dog he's ever met before.
Buffy is a very smart dog. He quickly learned how to get the treat out of a human hand, he learned to sit, and he also learned how to roll a ball around with his nose.

But he's a very serious pup as you can tell from his face. While I am all smiles, ...Buffy contemplates the world in a very serious manner!
Still, I think we'll be fast friends as he grows older. At least, I hope so!

No comments: