Sunday, October 26, 2008

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

I have a bed in the office, a nice soft bed where I sleep while mom works on the computer. On Friday, the day my job requires me to take care of Monty, I shared a special moment mom captured on film. Friday's are the day when my job as a dog dog walker is exceptionally wonderful because, as my faithful blog readers know, Monty is my best friend ever.

Anyway, I was asleep on my bed and Monty was standing in the kitchen staring at mom when she asked him, "Would you like a bed, too, Monty?" With that, she grabbed my other bed from the kitchen and scooted it into the hallway right by the office. Monty laid down and I decided he needed company so I crawled into bed with him.

I think he was a bit surprised, but soon, we both fell asleep and all was right in the world.

It's now Sunday and I'm finding it hard to wake up. Last night our friends came over with their two young daughters. It was exhausting though lots and lots of fun. I'm supposed to go for a long walk soon, but I'm having a slow morning so I'm not rushing out the door.

Besides, every hard working dog deserves a day off. Don't you think?

No comments: