Friday, October 24, 2008

The last days of warmth

This is Quillette. She's older than me. A lot older. She's very talkative, too, baying like a wolf whenever she enters our house. We hung out together and while she played for a little while with MY tennis ball, she eventually fell asleep in the sun.

It was a beautiful day yesterday. We went on 3 long walks and I got to play fetch twice -- once at the park by the lake and once with Monty at the big field where I haven't played since my bad-dog mistake of chasing a bicycle (I almost chased one last night, but that "hand of god" got me and I made a better choice). I exercised so much yesterday I ended up eating TWO dinners. Eating two dinners is rare for me. I'm usually not a big eater, but last night I licked my empty bowl and my moms decided to give me more. Yum! Another bowl of food is exactly what I needed.




Quillette and Monty weren't the only dogs I played with yesterday. There was Lucy, too. She's very busy, busier than me and faster, too, but she's really fun because she likes to play fetch and slide through the colorful leaves.





And there is Ollie...
...what can I say about Ollie other than, HE'S A PUPPY!

Was I this obnoxious when I was a puppy? I couldn't have been.

Don't let that cute pose in the leaves fool you. He's a bouncing, jumping, mop of a guy who wants nothing more than to steal my toys.

He follows me everywhere and even when I try to ignore him, he is solely focused on me and what I'm doing.


It's exhausting...

But apparently, this is what being a business owner is all about: You can't complain about the customers because they put food on your table and in my case, eating two dinners requires more food than usual.

No comments: