Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Job: Part Two

This is my new friend, Ollie. He's a Labradoodle, too, though slightly smaller and slightly darker than me. We hung out today at my new job -- the Dog Dog Walker. Ollie's kind of a goof and he totally looks up to me, and while I sometimes find him a pest, he's growing on me with every walk.

See what I mean...? Kind of a goof.



This is Lucy. She's not a goof at all and she's one of my favorite girlfriends. But Lucy is aloof and obsessed with the game of fetch as this picture so beautifully illustrates. She is saying, for those who cannot read dog lips, "Here's the ball! Did you see the ball?" Lucy never gets tired. She could play fetch for days and never even break into a pant. She's like a machine, too. Chase the ball, catch the ball, bring the ball back to the feet of whoever throws the ball, and look up. Then do it all again and again and again.

I, on the other hand, enjoy a game of fetch, but I also enjoy a game of keep away. This is the game Ollie and I were playing at the tennis courts. He's young so he gets easily distracted. In the middle of chase, he decides to see whose ears can flop the highest and who can get all four paws off the ground at once. He won on both accounts.

Eventually, the games were over and we posed for our final snapshot. Notice though, Lucy is not panting. She wasn't the least bit tired. Ollie and I were very tired and walked slowly back to Ollie's house while Lucy pulled us up the street.


I'm tired tonight. My face feels slightly warm from the sun and the wind, but I read this morning in the newspaper that milk and sunshine every day kept the doctor away. While I don't drink milk, I'm hoping I make up for it in sunshine and exercise.

My job continues again on Thursday. We'll pick up Ollie and Lucy not for a walk, but according to the forecast, we'll take a walk in the rain this time. I wonder if I can write off towels on my income tax?

And I wonder when I'm going to get my first paycheck?

I'm going to have to talk with my boss about that.

No comments: