Saturday, November 15, 2008

Frivolity

This might look like a seriously awful fight -- two dogs showing their mighty fangs -- but not to worry. It's just me and my best buddy in the whole wide world, Monty. We play like this a lot. Yesterday, we got to go to our favorite off-leash park and we had a wonderful time. We ran, we chased, we played fetch, we swam, we sniffed, and we wrestled. It was glorious.

Sometimes in our wild play, things get awkward. Above is a picture of Monty (who was chasing me but then I stopped) jumping over me. We moved on, as we always do, and I started running and he started chasing me.

It helps to have a ball in my mouth. That way, I feel as if it's the ball he's after and not me.

After we wear ourselves out, we head to the river, which this year, is mighty high. Usually there are steps down to the water, but this year the steps are under water. The fences are still up, too. These protect the salmon who are trying to spawn, though the flooding, I'm told, sort of ruined all of that.

Still, it was nice to take a dip in the water after such frivolity.

Monty liked it, too.

No comments: