Saturday, December 20, 2008

I Thought It Was Global Warming????

I woke up to 18 degrees and snow still on the ground with more predicted this afternoon along with wind gusts up to 90 miles an hour. (I'm a good dog, I listen to the radio weather report every morning!) So, I put on my warm coat, my black booties, and we headed out to get a good romp before the snowstorm hits. On the way, we stopped at the grocery store and got "stove top essentials"...that's what my moms call it since we can still use our stove top when/if the power goes out.

After we dropped off the groceries, we picked up Perdito. We tried to take Oshi with us, but he wouldn't step onto the snow and literally froze in his tracks. Perdito, on the other hand, is a Husky dog at heart. He loved the snow, though snow balls form on his paws just like mine so momma Ann had to pick them off!
Quillette LOVES the snow and even found a frozen tennis ball on our walk to the park. She chewed it soft and then used her ears as radar to hear an update on the incoming storm.
Meanwhile, I played with my frisbee. With the deep snow and the white out conditions, it was hard to find tennis balls thrown for me, so they brought out my neon green frisbee and we had a great game fetch.
When we got home, Quillette and I had a hearty breakfast while Momma Gretchen made a sausage, spinach, broccoli and onion frittata. It smelled yummy. Hope she saved some of that sausage for me! All this cold weather makes a boy mighty hungry!

No comments: