Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Who tires first?

We played fetch at the park today -- me, Monty, and Lucy. Monty is the oldest and therefore tires first. Of course, this shot was taken after we'd played fetch for quite awhile AND Monty and I had played chase through the bushes...

I AM in this picture (above) making my way through the bushes. It's a game I play with Monty. I race around the bushes and then cut through a tunnel-like passageway. Usually it throws him off, but today he figured it out and is waiting for me just outside the hole in the bushes. If you look closely, you can see me in the center of the picture!

Lucy tires last. She always does. In fact, I don't think she's really tires at all. In the above shot, she's waiting for the ball to be thrown again. The only time she holds still is when someone else has the ball, but she's whimpering in this picture even though you can't hear it!

Even in this shot, Lucy is hunched in anticipation of the ball flinging across the field. I'm barking because I think that's what all this waiting is about. Monty is just happy. I'm happy, too and I suppose, in Lucy's obsessed way, she's happy as well.

No comments: