Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm just wild about snow!


My paws have thawed out enough to give the afternoon report. If you didn't see the morning report, check rainingagain.blogspot.com for mom's blog update. She was kind enough to type for me earlier. My paws were a tad bit frozen.

We went out again today -- Monty, Quillette, and me. We got kind of wild -- wrestling (Monty and me) and chewing sticks (Quillette and me). The snow is still falling. Can you believe it? My moms tell me that this is the most snow we've had in a long, long time. Well before I was born, they say, there were times when snow like this hit the city.

Everyone was a bit surprised this year. It's been unseasonably warm most of this winter and then BAM! icy cold and WHAM! hit by snow. I'm not complaining. I love the snow. In fact, I think I love all the phases of water -- liquid and solid especially, but even that evaporation phase is kind of cool.

Enough of the science lesson. Here are this afternoon's photos o' fun!

Quillette and her stick. That's my head at the corner of the photo. I'm eyeballing that stick!


This is me after burying my head in the snow. I LOVE to bury my head in the snow. I can pick up some extra-special scents when I do it and it makes me extremely happy when ice forms on my whiskers.
Monty and I had just finished a wild game of chase and wrestle when this photo was snapped. He's panting slightly, but as you can tell from the smile on his face, he's super-duper happy.

And here we are playing chase. I like to pop out of the bushes and Monty likes to lie in wait. It's a hard photo to nab, but mom did an nice job snapping it just in time.

They just announced -- NO SCHOOL TOMORROW! That means I'll be home with both my moms. What a glorious, glorious life!

No comments: