Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Blustery Day

I recently read a book titled "Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day" about a funny bear and his problems with the wind. I know how he feels. Yesterday was the windiest day I've ever experienced and it made my job as a dog dog walker all the more interesting.

I played with Lucy in the morning. Actually, Lucy played fetch over and over again and while I did my best to keep up with her, she wore me out in a matter of time. Mom got a great picture of her though...

She looks like a super hero in her red cape, doesn't she?

While we were playing, Harry stopped by to say hello. Harry is a nice old guy and as much as he'd like to have played with us, he's suffering from something called arthritis. Mom tried to explain it too me, but I don't get it. She said I would when I got older.
After Lucy, I got to meet Gemma. Here I was expecting a timid and docile puppy and who did I end up meeting? A holy terror or in this case, a holy terrier. She nipped and bit at me non-stop and jumped on my back when I least expected it. She never let me be, chasing me around the tennis courts endlessly annoying me...
...I eventually had to school her with my most vicious bark and growl. I'd simply run out of patience.Sure, she's running away in this photo, but trust me, she was back at it seconds later.

Docile my foot!

No comments: