Friday, January 9, 2009

TGIF

Okay, I'll admit it...Gemma is pretty darn cute, but don't let the above picture fool you. She's a handful, or in my case, a pawful. For being just three months old, she's got more energy than I've ever seen and most of that energy is directed at me. Only occasionally can I get her to pause and reflect...
...but it never lasts long. Once I move, she moves and no matter how fast I run or how quick my moves, she's right there pestering me with her sharp puppy teeth.
I'm not complaining. It's kind of fun to play with her. I'm teaching her how to chase, how to play fetch, and how to wrestle. She's getting the hang of it though I have to practice being patient and gentle.

Sometimes that's really hard for me especially when she does things like steal my toys.
Luckily for me, she has the attention span of a gnat and often loses interest within a minute so if I just hang back, I eventually get my toys back.
Today, the lessons continue. I'll spend another hour with Gemma, but I think Monty gets to go with us. At least, I know Monty is on our list of "clients" for the day. So are Oshi and Perdito. Gemma's going to be surprised by Monty's size, I think, but I don't think that will temper her persistent pestering. She'll learn though. Monty is not nearly as patient as I am.

It's been a busy week and I'm feeling it. I slept hard. Didn't move a muscle all night. I wanted to sleep in, but it's only Friday and on Fridays we don't sleep in. We get to work.

But tomorrow...tomorrow I sure hope we get to sleep in for awhile. I need it.

No comments: