Saturday, January 17, 2009

The End of the Week

Grrrrrrrrrrr!
I know it's hard from this picture to imagine that Gemma and I are friends, but despite the teeth and the whites of the eyes, this is a photograph (albeit blurry) of submission and restraint. That I let Gemma crawl over my back is a sign of my willingness to submit to her and that I only showed my teeth and did not haul off an bite her calls upon my great restraint.

This past week of work was busy, but fun. Lots of dogs, a dabble of sunshine, and absolutely no rain (which for me means NO RED RAINCOAT!) We also met a few new dogs, chief among them was Shomei (like the Chinese dumpling)...a HUGE black and white labradoodle. You can't tell from this photo, but Shomei is larger than Monty and that's saying something!Another blurry photo, but mom was having to keep track of both me and Monty while holding the camera in one hand, walking us on our leashes, and trying to snap the picture without dropping the camera.

Hopefully Shomei's family will give us a call this weekend and we can sign her up for some time with us at Wags n' Words.

We have a three-day weekend ahead of us. I keep hearing words of snow and skiing. Oh, how I hope that is true. I miss the snow. I miss it so much I will endure my booties and my RED RAINCOAT.

Okay, a few more pictures from the week...just 'cause we're all so cute...In this tractor picture (a popular spot for mom's photographs), I'm not as comfortable as I might appear. I'll admit it. I'm slightly afraid of heights and even though I'm only 2 feet off the ground, I can't look down at the ground. Instead, I look at mom and plead with her to be quick about it so I can get down. Gemma, on the other hand, is staring at the guy across the street in his front yard. She's nervous too, but to gain comfort, she leans against me. It comforts me as well.

Gemma staring me down before she attacks! She might look sweet, but she's a devil that one!

I even shared one of my favorite toys with her when she came to our house for a visit.
Of course, then we played ferocious with each other and practiced looking possessed. I think I pulled it off, don't you?

No comments: