Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Fashion Sense

My friend, Lucy, is a brave soul. She is asked to wear the latest fashions in an attempt to keep her warm and dry, but often those fashions are as far from canine-comfortable as one can get. Yesterday, with the flood of rain we've been experiencing of late, she had to wear this get-up: A yellow rain slicker that looked like an outfit a clown might wear.
She was a good sport and after a few fits of discomfort, she played fetch with her usual vim and verve.

Monty and I were impressed...

We did our best to make her feel comfortable, though we did worry about a strong gust of wind sending her into flight. She stayed low to the ground, though, and when we walked home, she huddled close to us for wind protection.

Meanwhile, this is my view, most days, of Oshi and Perdito who have sought higher ground in these hours of record flooding.

Today we walk Gemma and I have been warned to stay on my best behavior despite her lack of manners.

I'll do my best. I'll try to do my best.

No comments: