Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday's Recovery



I've had a busy week. Very busy. While you can't see my face in the above photography, the tangle of bodies should give you a pretty good idea how I spent my Friday. Gemma keeps me (and Monty, too) on my toes. She's fast, she's got sharp teeth, and she LOVES to chase, hold tightly to ears and tails and the back of legs.
Here she is chasing (and biting and grabbing) Perrito who is a magic carpet flying off of Gemma's back deck.
Perrito liked playing with Gemma, but only for a short while. He quickly tired and begged to go back into the house. Gemma, of course, had other ideas.
So she came back to our house where Monty and I taught her a thing or two about puppy play. In the above photo, she's lurking behing me (just beyond my tail) while I pounce after Monty. While the photograph ruins the depth perception, I am leaping about 2 feet off the ground in pursuit of my best friend.
Throughout our play session, Gemma mimicked Monty's every move. While she likes me, she LOVES Monty and just like me, hopes to one day aspire to his level of canine-a-tude.
Once we'd tired of playing, Gemma found toys of her own to play with (like this broom)...
...while Monty and I looked on wondering where she found such energy for her 3-months of age.
Monty rested on the porch while Gemma and I continued her lessons.
Eventually, even she tired out...
So today...Sunday...I am resting up from a long week of work. We hope to go skiing tomorrow as Momma Ann has the day off and there's fresh snow in the mountains. They'll be no Gemma and for that I am rather grateful, though I may have to convince my moms that Monty should join us. We'll see how I do with my powers of persuasion.

Okay, back to my nap.

No comments: